Treegator® Original Installation Instructions
Just wrap our Treegator® Original around a tree, zip the two sides together, and fill it with water - that's it!
Place back of bag against trunk, with zippers on the uphill side of tree.
Wrap both sides around trunk until zippers meet together:
Use a Single Bag setup for trees from 1 to 3 inches in trunk diameter (caliper).
Use a Double Bag setup for trees from 4 to 8 inches in trunk diamter (caliper).
Zip both sides of bag together from bottom to top.
Lift up tag at top of bag to expose fill opening.
Insert water hose (up to 3 inch diameter), into fill opening, turn on water supply and begin filling.
Note: Fill bag only to approximately 1/4 capacity, then proceed to Step 3 below.
Gently lift up on the two black straps at top of bag in order to fully expand bottom.
Note: Do not hang or suspend bag by black straps
If desired, add pre-mixed water soluble fertilizer and/or nutrients.
Fill Treegator® Original bag with water to desired level and let drain.
Treegator® Original will be empty in approximately 5 to 9 hours.
Follow a fill schedule based on the size of your new planting (see below)
Once empty, remove bag from tree , move to another planting and re-fill, or store until needed again.
TREEGATOR® ORIGINAL installation manual
How To Install and Fill a Treegator® Original Slow Release Watering Bag
Failure to follow the handling precautions shown may void product warranty.
- Use clean water only. If necessary, filter through cotton cloth on hose end.
- Do not suspend or hang bag from black straps / handles.
- Never lift bag by 1 handle / strap - Always use both handles when lifting.
- Do not unzip or transport bag when full.
- Do not tear / rip fill opening.
- Do not zip together more than 2 TREEGATOR® Original bags.
- Product contains small parts - Keep away from children.
- Do not attempt to move bag when full.
- Product is not a toy. Keep away from small children.
- Do not use in any manner not consistent with installation instructions.
5 Year Limited Warranty
Every TREEGATOR® Original is backed by a 5 year limited manufacturer warranty from the original date of purchase, against any defects in materials and/or workmanship.Read more...
Note: TREEGATOR® brand products are solely designed to assist the user in properly watering a tree. Spectrum Products Inc., the manufacturer of TREEGATOR® brand watering bags recommends that product users follow the installation instructions and precautions provided for each TREEGATOR® brand product. Installation instructions may be found on any provided product tags, packaging materials and at www.Treegator.com. Any other use or misuse of TREEGATOR® brand products for purposes not designed by the manufacturer for its products, is not recommended. Spectrum Products Inc. and its affiliates will not be responsible for any proper, improper, or misuse of TREEGATOR® brand products.
TREEGATOR® Original Watering Schedule / Capacity Chart
Refer to the charts below for a recommended watering schedule, being sure to note the following qualifications:
- Water capacity (gallons) of TREEGATOR® Original is dependent upon bag setup and tree caliper (see below)
- Recommendations are based on a commonly referenced guideline of 10 gallons of water applied per 1 inch of tree trunk diameter (caliper)*.
*Proper watering frequency can vary depending on several factors (tree and soil type, weather, etc.) These recommendations will NOT guarantee that your tree is being watered properly - Use it only as a guide. Consult a local gardening or tree care professional for more information on proper watering practices for your tree type and region.
CAPACITY (per bag)
|1 to 2 inch
(2.54 to 5.08 cm)
|2 to 3 inch
(5.08 to 7.62 cm)
|14.75 to 14.25 Gallons
(55.84 to 53.94 liters)
|4 to 5 inch
(10.16 to 12.70 cm)
|5 to 8 inch
(12.70 to 20.32 cm)
|22.75 to 21.5 Gallons
(86.11 to 81.38 liters)
The TREEGATOR® Advantage
TREEGATOR® Slow Release Watering Bags have been the preferred tree watering method of industry professionals worldwide since 1989.
- Made in the USA from high quality materials
- Install and fill in just minutes with no tools
- Can be used on trees up to 8" in caliper (diameter)
- Fill just once a week for most new plantings
- Backed by 5 year limited manufacturer warranty